| healthy homemade crackers for a filling midday snack! |
Hellooooo everyone !
One of the things I’ve found most frustrating about not eat loads of wheat is that there aren’t many crackers out there for to nibble on between breakfast and dinner when I’m feeling hungry – and then I just end up eating all the almonds – le sigh.
Finally I found this easy recipe, thanks to Oh She Glows, and it tastes so good that I had to share it with you and encourage you to make this pronto as it is just bellisimo!
1/2 Cup of Pumpkin Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Sesame Seeds | 1/4 Cup Chia Seeds and Flax Seeds | 3/4 Cup of Water | Spices and Herbs to flavour | 1 Large Clove of Garlic, grated | 1 Tsp of Grated Onion | Salt (to taste)
*note, in some supermarkets you can buy pre-mixed packs of pumpkin, sunflower and sesame seeds which are the same amount you’ll need for this recipe – easy peasy 🙂
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Weigh and pour your seeds into a large bowl, making sure they’re combined.
2. In a jug, mix the garlic, onion and water together before pouring over the seeds. Make sure it is all mixed and leave it to expand and absorb the water for 10-20 minutes. You should be able to press it into a form when it’s ready.
3. Transfer the ‘dough’ to a tray lined with baking paper and flatten out thinly to a cracker shape for cutting up later. Pop in the oven for 30 minutes, flip over and bake for another 25-30 minutes – this makes them really crisp and amazing !
4. Now they’re ready! Let them cool for 5 minutes and then cut into cracker shapes – I did long strips split into three for big slabs to smother avocado on – yummy 😉
5. Serve with tomatoes, avocado, almond butter, any spread of your choice for a healthy mid-meal snack to keep your energy up!
How simple is that, and how good does that last picture look ey? I’m off to finish the last of my crackers, and probably make some more because they seriously do the trick between breakfast and lunch.
Have you made crackers at home? Will you be trying this recipe out? Are you a fan of Oh She Glows?
Lots of Love,