| a perfect mash of houmous and avocados ! |
Helloooo everyone !
I had been itching to make this for ages as I love avocado but find it hard to dip my carrots into, and I also miss eating houmous (or hummus – whateva floats ya boat) but know I can make it better at home.
SO I made one lovely mash-up of the two and created Quacahoumous – quacamole and houmous in a perfect combo.
This is super easy to make, quick and you can season it however you like, go craaazzyy !
Before we begin, I want to take the time to thank you for all your support on my blog so far, and ask – pretty please ! – for you to nominate my blog in the Cosmo Blog Awards for Best Lifestyle Blog + Newcomer Blog. The link is here and below, and would mean so much for everything I’ve done so far.
Now, to blend – you will need a blender to make this, and preferably a mixer component not the smoothie blender bit.
1 Avocado | 400g Canned Chickpeas (240g Drained) | 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil | 1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil | Handful of Spinach | 1Tbsp Cayenne Pepper | 1Tbsp Rosemary | Balsamic Vinegar | Lemon Juice | EXTRAS – Garlic, Roasted Peppers, Chilli Pepper, Salt, Pepper
1. Set up all your equipment. Drain and rinse the chickpeas in cold water.
2. Melt the coconut oil in the microwave / over heat for a few minutes. Measure out your olive oil.
3. Pour the chickpeas into the mixer, add the avocado. Once cool enough, add all the oils.
4. WHIZZ AWAY WEEEE ! Blend until near smooth.
5. Add the added flavours and spinach, and also any extra oil to smooth the paste more. Add a few splashes of vinegar to taste.
6. Whizz it all up again until really smooth, and keep tasting it to make sure you have the amount of flavour/smoothness you like
7. Decant and store in an air-tight box, but take a bit out first to eat with some carrots !
And there you have it, a simple yummy recipe for your parties, snack times and general nibbling. I’ve already eaten all mine up – whoopsie, but it really tastes good and the satisfaction of making it yourself is great.
Are you a houmous, or hummus, lover ? What’s your fave snacks ?
Lots of Love,