| this is seriously the best thing since pizza in Napoli |
Helloooo everyone !
Cauliflower Crust Pizza is my new favourite thing. This recipe is a beauty, oh man you are going to be so satisfied. When I sat down to eat this, I was literally saying ‘oh my god’, ‘I am so happy’, ‘this is the best thing ever’ between mouthfuls. I even polished off my mum’s serving so basically a whole pizza for Lauren – yummy yummy yummerson !
All these ingredients are so easy to find, and you can substitute any gluten free ingredients for regular flour or include eggs instead of flax however this is such a healthy alternative and it tastes SO.GOOD.
Here’s what you’ll need (recipe inspired by Modest Wanderer’s Vegan Cauliflower Crust Recipe)
– 3 Cups of Grated Cauliflower (1 small head or 1/2 a large head)
– 3/4 Cups of Rice Flour (any nut/coconut flour can be used, or plain flour if you aren’t bothered about the wheat/gluten free aspect)
– 1 Tbsp of Seasoning, either Rosemary or Thyme
– Salt and Pepper (to taste)
– 3 Flax ‘eggs’ (1 egg = 1 Tbsp of Flaxseed* to 3 Tbsp of Water)
*You can buy Milled Flaxseed for £5 in most supermarkets, OR you can buy two small packets of Golden and Brown Linseed (which is Flaxseed) for £2 and blend to a fine grain in a blender at home – money saved, winner winner vegan dinner !
Let’s get making !
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200c and line a baking sheet with parchment (foil if you have no parchment, just be careful if it sticks).
In a small bowl mix the flaxseed with water and put aside to allow it to thicken.
2. Chop up your heads of cauliflower and using a grate setting, process it into a rice consistency.
3. In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower with the remaining dry ingredients and mix well to look like below !
4. Your flax eggs will be ready now, and you can see it looks thicker and gloopy like eggs now.
Add to the dry mixture and combine until a dough form appears.
5. Your dough should look like below, not a nice ball like regular dough but able to hold its form. Place it on the baking sheet and using your hands shape it into a square or circle 1/2 inch thick – go crazy man and have a hexagon ! Leave the edges thicker for a nice crust.
Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
6. Mmmmm. Once it’s out the oven you can leave to cool until you want to add toppings later or you can start straight away. For our toppings we made a Caramalised Onion and Tomato sauce with Basil and Garlic, Mushrooms, Peppers, Spinach, Fresh Tomatoes and Feta for mum.
If you add your toppings straight after the pizza has come out the oven, cook for a further 5-10 minutes. If you have allowed it to cool, cook for 20 minutes.
7. Oh doesn’t it look DELICIOUS ! Add any other toppings like avocado and pumpkin seeds and cut a slice for everyone.
I am drooling right now, the Cauliflower Crust Pizza memories are all I have until I go shopping for more cauliflowers. This along with cauliflower rice are my new meal faves. This pizza is seriously the greatest thing, it’s the best thing a healthy lifestyle gal can have when craving a cheesy pizza from Italy. I’m doing a Homer Simpson please excuse me.
This is fun to make with friends, family or to wow people with as your skills and knowledge of healthy baking are ones to be applauded !
If you make this, let me know what you topped it with and how it compared to regular pizza, if you’re not converted I’m coming to steal your pizza.
Also, I haven’t asked in a while but if you could keep nominating for Britton Loves in the Cosmopolitan Blog Awards for Best Lifestyle Blog and Blog Newcomer then I’d be so grateful 🙂
Lots of Love,