Hellooo everyone !
I know, I know, I haven’t been on the blogging game plus this post is a day late but I have been super busy trying to sort life out and do things that I have been away from the internet more than I’d like to be – internetprobz.
Following on from last week’s yummy scrummy Chocolate Fudge Cake (vegan, and healthy, don’t forget), I have this cute cupcake recipe which will go down a treat at any afternoon tea, birthday, sleepover, visit to the family or pure indulgence evening with the ladies – or lads, lads with cupcakes is a winner in my eyes.
Again, sorry for lack of HQ finished cupcakes, I had many things to bake and ice before serving up a treat on my birthday. However, you’ll see from the image above that these cupcakes are just too cute and will be 100% delicious.
175 g Rice Flour
175 g Soya Butter
50g Desiccated Coconut
3 Tbsp Soya Yogurt
1tsp Xanthan Gum
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
2 Tbsp Coconut Cream
2 tsp Vanilla Essence
150g Icing Sugar
130g Soya Butter
20g Coconut Cream
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Line your muffin cases in their tins. Sift your flour, xanthan gum and baking powder together. Set to one side.
2. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar with a whisk, it should be lovely and fluffy ! Gradually add a tablespoon of yogurt until smooth – if it looks curdled, simply speed up the whisk until creamy again.
3. Fold in the dry ingredients using a large spoon so not to knock any air out.
4. Add the coconut and fold until combined.
5. Divide the mixture out among your cases, and bake for 25 minutes. To check they are cooked, insert a knife or skewer and if it comes out clean, you are good to go !
The cupcakes need to cool for 30 mins, so make your icing as you wait !
The icing is very simple and the bog standard way of making icing, but i’ll walk it though here:
Sift your icing sugar and add the measured butter (make sure it’s soft and cut into cubes). Add the cream and vanilla, and whisk. It should be creamy and sweet, and easy to spread and build on top of the cakes.
These are a really nice treat for a special occasion, and lots of my friends have commented on how lovely these tasted after dinner – a sweet pick-me-up 🙂
I’ll be going back savory soon so never fear, I have my vegetable chips and wraps recipe coming soonish, but for now I’m off to plan for some boring-everyday stuff so I hope you can send me one of these cupcakes when you try them out 😉
Lots of Love,