Hellooo everyone !
Yes you read right, THE best cookies ever ! I have been on a mission for years to make the perfect cookie that doesn’t include dairy, too much (unnecessary) sugar, yet resembles and has that delicious cookie taste and I finally made a recipe that works – can I get a hallelujah ?!
The cookie mixture is 100% vegan and you can add what ever flavours or fruit mixtures in to it for your own taste. There is one version of the recipe below that does contain Dark Chocolate and this of course can be supplemented for Dairy-Free chocolate (these one were for my mum who requested this version !)
I have made three types of cookie flavours to inspire you for your own flavours or to try yourself ! If you don’t want to use vegan products, then supplement the butter for regular unsalted, and the yogurt and milk for eggs.
I will admit there’s a bit of sugar in these but I’ve tried to reduce it as much as possible especially with the use of other ingredients that are naturally sweet.
(Modified from The Cake Hunter’s recipe)
230g Plain Flour
132g Soya Butter
78g Coconut Oil
40g Muscavado Sugar
100g Light Brown Sugar
30g Caster Sugar
2 Tbsp Almond Milk – or any other nut/soya milk
1 1/2 Tbsp Soya Yogurt
1 Tsp Bicarbonate Soda
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Cup Oats
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
1/3 Cup Desiccated Coconut
1/3 Cup Cranberries
50g Dark Chocolate
1/3 Cup Pistachios
1/3 Cup Hazelnuts
2 Caps Vanilla Essence
1. If making an oat cookie, pre-toast the oats for a few minutes and infuse with cinnamon. Don’t let them toast too much, charred is not a nice taste. Set aside in a bowl and melt the coconut oil on the remaining heat. Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees c.
2. Weigh out all your lovely dry ingredients in one bowl and combine. Prepare your wet ingredients in a second bowl.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the butter slowly to build the consistency, and then combine fully. Pour in the melted coconut oil.
The texture should look like sand !
4. Add the milk and yogurt, and blend away. It should look really appealing like the second picture below.
5. Now it looks good ! It should feel quite firm and very doughy. Separate the mixture into how many bowls for you have for your varieties or keep in one bowl if making one type.
6. Combine all your ingredients and mix well !
Coconut and Vanilla
Cranberries, Hazelnuts and Cinnamon Oats
Pistachio and Dark Chocolate
7. Take a large baking tray and line with parchment. Dollop (a technical term) a good size of dough from each batch into lines. Cook for 10-15 mins.
8. Salivating so bad, mmmmmmmmm. Remove from the oven and allow to cool if you can.
9. Serve on a pretty stand or plate, and have a taste of each. You will be so pleased.
I am so hungry right now, I am going to have to make more of these for my birthday party !
The Cinnamon Fruit Oat cookies are my favourite, so crumbly and great tasting I can’t wait to experiment with more.
You can do so much with this recipe, and I would love to hear your versions or if you tried these suggested and how they turned out.
Mmmm I’m off to make more cookies now !
Lots of Love,