Helloooo everyone !
Today is a very exciting yet relaxing day for me (more below), and a day of indulging in food. I have been looking to make more exciting clean eating recipes and was inspired by the various Pinterest boards for this Stuffed Pepper recipe.
This recipe serves 6 (or what I did was make 2 and use the rest for stir-fry)
1 Cup Quinoa
1 Medium Chilli
1 Medium Carrot
2 Handfuls of Chopped Aubergine and Courgette
2 Large Bell Peppers
2 Small Handfuls of Kale
2 Handfuls of Spinach
Small Handful of Green Beans
1tsp Wholegrain Mustard
1/2 – 1 Cup of Peas
2 Medium Onions
1 Stick Celery
1tbsp Pumpkin Seeds
1. Heat up a pan and add your quinoa. Boil approx 500ml of water or enough to cover the quinoa. Allow to boil and then simmer for 7-15 minutes depending how high your heat is at the start. Also pre-heat your oven at 200 degrees centigrade.
2. In a separate bowl, prepare your frozen veg (if using) allow to defrost and then chop up.
3. Chop and dice the rest of your veg into small pieces and add to the bowl. Add your kale on top.
4. Rub your chilli to release the seeds, and then dice into small pieces if you can. Mix into the bowl.
5. Decant your quinoa and left over water (if you have loads left over, only add about 1/4 of a cup) This warms up and makes the vegetable moist. Mix everything thoroughly and then add your mustard.
6. Add your avocado in small chunks and stir through.
7. Take a pan and heat up, adding your mixture. Cook for 5 minutes to soften the veg and get enough heat through. Don’t let it crisp too much ! Grate some carrot in and add your pumpkin seeds. Turn the heat off and allow the remaining heat to keep the mix warm.
8. Take your peppers and carefully cut the lids so the stalks come out easily and the centre is removed.
9. Spoon the mixture in and squash it into every corner possible. If it’s bursting out, great ! Place the lids back in and make sure they can stand up.
10. Place in the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes at 200c. The pepper want to be firm with some squidge.
After, take them out, and place on a bed of the remaining carrot and some spinach.
And voila ! A lovely healthy lunch or dinner to make for you and friends. It is seriously filling I underestimated how much it would be, which is great because you don’t snack all day 🙂
Today is also reeeaally exciting as my feature in Company is on sale nationwide today ! aaaah !! If you’re from the UK you can get it from any newsagent, supermarket or magazine stockist. Internationally, I’ve heard you can pick it up in Barnes and Noble and some places do stock it across the world (ooh that’s scary) but other than that it should be available online too 🙂
If you’ve read it let me know your thoughts here or at my twitter @LaurenShipleeey !
Hope you enjoy this recipe,
Lots of Love,