Hellooo everyone !
Time to tempt you with this decadent chocolate brownie recipe – oh my god it’s so yummy.
This version is a little bit of a cheat treat but hey, the odd treat is good for you and this is one that is worth the indulgence.
(makes 9 large brownies)
– 150g / 1 Cup of Dark Chocolate Chips
– 32g / 1/4 Cup of Soya Butter
– 1 Cup of Sugar
(I used regular caster sugar, but Coconut Sugar is better !)
– 4 Large Eggs
– 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
– Handful of Nuts and Seeds
(I used Almonds)
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350 f / 180 c. Grease an 8 inch Baking dish.
Weigh out your chocolate into a heat-proof jug or bowl, before melting either over water or in a microwave until it’s just started to melt – Use the remaining heat to stir the still solid pieces into a smooth texture. Whilst it melts, weigh out your butter and sugar in a separate bowl.
2. Add the sugar and butter a bit at a time to the chocolate and cream together – you can use a whisk if you like, I fancied a workout ! The texture will look gritty (see below) but as you add more and work at it, it will become smoother and combined.
3. Once mixed together, crack your eggs into a bowl and lightly beat them. Pour them in a bit at a time and combine. It will be a slightly ‘sloshy’ consistency at first but it will become very thick and rich looking as you work it.
4. Put your added nuts and seeds in a bag or covered in a towel, and bash them until broken. Varying sizes will provide and interesting texture when you eat. Combine to the mixture.
5. Pour your mixture into the 8-inch square baking dish and pop in the oven for 25-30 minutes if your oven is old like mine, 20-25 if it’s very good. If it doesn’t look done, add another 5 minutes on depending but don’t let it cook too much, as it will become too dense.
6. Remove the brownie and allow to cool for 5 mins before you eat five pieces at once..oh, I mean, allow it to cool for 20 and eat one piece at a time..yeah.
Cut into 9 pieces ready for serving.
And there you have it, a quick simple Paleo brownie recipe ! This really is best served straight from the oven – because it’s warm and soft enough to eat several pieces in one go !
If you have more restraint, these can be put in the fridge for over a week (if it lasts) and are a perfect, healthy version of a classic treat.
I am working on a Paleo/Vegan version which I will update you with as soon as I’ve made and eaten it all up – just to make sure it works of course…
Hope you enjoy this, let me know if you make it and how it goes !
Lots of Love,