Helloo everyone !
Today I’ve combined a fashion and beauty look to show you what I’d wear for an evening out, and the make-up I think is perfect to feel a little bit glam.
Now for a scary before and after, looking tired and frizzy haired !
How I achieve my ‘Evening’ Look
– Curling my hair is the most important, it adds volume and body to my length and prevents my face being too oval-looking. It’s always key to use heat-protector whether your hair is damaged or not as it will help the hair set and stop further damage to the strands. I love Aussie’s Heat Protection it smells amazing and really does the job of smoothing and caring for my ends !
– I still like my make-up to look natural, just with some extra glamour and feel a bit special. Using my MAC Studio Fix Fluid NC15 provides full coverage and gives your face a matte finish – perfect as a base for more stand-out make-up !
– I’m getting better at this whole eyebrow game, and it’s really important to shape and fill your brows as this frames your eyes and really makes your features look better. I love a strong brow and I won’t stop until they’ve been shaped and grown to perfection.
– Using my MAC Pro Palette, I blend Wedge across my lid to begin the base definition. Then using Corduroy to add depth to the outer corners and crease, I blend the two together do start the smokey look. Mulch finishes the job by using my finger to apply the colour above my crease and down into the outer corners, creating a real dark smoke and making my eyes look very shadowy. I also used two shimmery gold shadows on the inner and middle of my lids, one yellow toned the other more silvery, and this really helps to lift the eyes. Taking the no-liner trend head on, I run my 17 Eye Pen Liner across the lash line and apply One By One Volum’ mascara to lengthen and define my lashes.
– As I would be eating in the evening I didn’t want to wear a lip-colour that would come off easily and look odd, so I focused more on my eyes and cheeks. I wanted a sculpted glowing look, and achieved this with my MAC Skinfinish Mineralize Powder in Medium/Dark using a small tapered brush for contouring. Using a big fluffy brush I lightly swept Benefit Coralista on the lower apples of my cheeks, and added a highlight and warmth to the cheekbones using their Watts Up ! highlighter.
– A simple nude lip is perfect here, so 17 Lip Pencil in Buff was my go-to followed by MAC Myth Lipstick.
– Finally my outfit. I have been picturing this for ages and hadn’t had the chance to wear it so I thought now was as good as ever. This is an old Madonna H&M dress which years ago my mum hemmed (several times) and later added the lining to the bust (because it is severely low-cut and I wasn’t enjoying the attention). It’s a great form-fitting piece and works well alone and with shirts underneath like I’ve worn it here. A very casual cotton shirt keeps this look less office and more monochrome stylish, with rolled sleeves and a statement necklace in place to toughen up the look. I’ve worn black heeled-boots here but black biker boots or Dr Martens work just as well to make this outfit much more casual.
|looking about 15 in the right-hand image, lordy.|
I do like this look, and I like how office and maybe somehow Alexa Chung-esque this outfit is as I don’t really dress like this usually.
The simplicity of this look means you can wear it so many ways, maybe a statement lip and naked eyes, lots of red make-up and nails, you could actually wear it to work and look super-duper fab (tell all your friends your good internet pal Lauren dressed you, if it’s worth anything that is haha)
Hope you are all having a lovely Valentine’s day so far, the weather has made it impossible for me to venture out and see friends so I might stay in and bake and watch a film 🙂 yummy yummy treats !
It’s also officially LFW now and I am so excited to catch-up on all the shows, who knows maybe I’ll attend one day soon, fingers crossed !
Lots of Love,