Good afternoon all,
As promised here are some more lovely foody posts, today being my ‘Brie and Mushroom Toast with Avocado Salad’.
This was inspired by The Londoner’s Wild Mushroom Melts, and was so so sooo yummy !
To make 2 pieces:
2 Medium/Large Mushrooms
Teaspoon of Mustard
Teaspoon Of Coconut Oil
Bread (obvs) of choice – I used homemade
Half an Avocado
2 Handfuls of Spinach
Some basil or spice to taste.
1. Put the coconut oil in a frying pan at the highest heat and allow to melt. When melted turn down to a mid-high heat or 4 depending on cooker.
2. Slice the mushrooms into slices and then in half, and allow to slowly brown. You don’t want them too cooked as they will go under the grill.
3. Add the mustard and stir together so all the mushrooms are coated.
4. Pop your bread in to toast for a short while, just to toast lightly so they can hold the mushrooms and cheese (it will also toast under the grill). Turn the mushroom onto full heat for a few minutes and then off just to keep the heat and cook lightly. Whilst it cools, slice your brie.
5. Start to heat up your grill on the highest setting, pop the toast and place onto a small baking tray. Spoon the mushroom equally across the pieces of toast, and add a layer of brie.
6. Place under the grill for 3-5 minutes until cooked, soft, and melted. The edges of the bread should be crispy and brown.
7. Whilst everything cooks, slice an avocado in half and slice into 8. Place a handful of spinach on a plate and give each person four slices of avocado.
8. Remove the toast and place onto your plate. Garnish with any extra spice for flavour.
and VOILA. done !
This is so super scrummy I wolfed it down very quick. It’s a great filling lunch, and a little naughty too 😉 I would add caramalised onions to this when I make it again as it would give great flavour.
Let me know what you think,
Lots of Love,